Monday, August 08, 2005

And so it begins....

Another school year....I have to be back at school for a luncheon on Wednesday, then Thurday am for breakfast and another lunch for good....the onslaught will hit me.

I still haven't written my curriculum. I guess I better finally get typing.

I feel pretty successful in that I've ordered the house a little - but this year will be a killer school year for 10 y.o. DS, so I best get going.

I miss my life of literacy - writing and reading - the easier job of teaching remedial reading.

Just went for my yearly well woman exam also. Gotta do my second mammogram. Yuck...

and boy was that scale creeping up on me. The job has really taken a toll on my psyche, with restricting my reading and my healthy diet.

I am clenching my fists and gritting my teeth, like a teenager dragged onto a rollercoaster ride, when I think of going back.

Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing - the move to another district, leaving journalism to teach, marrying, the whole kitten kaboodle.

And then by December, I get to thinking I did.....

We'll see what kind of year this will be. Keep a stiff upper lip and a positive outlook - let's see if that will get me through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Because we don't want spam or hurtful comments, your comments are moderated! Check back shortly to see when they are approved. Remember, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! :-)